Making Mexican dip is a must at our house when it comes to having friends over. This time I put it on a round platter for a different look. Super fun.
- Beautiful romaine lettuce leaves (optional but pretty if you are making the dip on a platter) Some people chop the lettuce up & place it in as one of the layers but I prefer not to do this since it ruins any leftovers when it wilts. This makes me feel unhappy.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pound ground hamburger or chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole (we like the zesty stuff)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups sliced black olives
- Shorty baby tomatoes to place around the edge for pretties
- And, of course, we can’t forget the tortilla chips.
Cook meat with taco seasoning as instructed on the packaging. Break the meat down into very small pieces so it is easy to scoop with a tortilla chip.
Our family loves this so much we’ve even had this as our dinner. This is a popular dish but if you still haven’t tried it, beware for you shall not be able to stop eating it once you get started. Ole’!