It is a lovely day when we learn to make something homemade that we would usually buy in a bottle or a packet. Today is a lovely day.
If you do not yet know the joys of growing herbs in your garden (or even indoors) let this salad dressing be the reason you finally try a herb garden. Herbs love terrible, sandy soil. Herbs come back every year. Herbs are very forgiving. That is unless you don’t water them for a month. Don’t ask me how I know this. I just do.
That being said, let’s dive into this amaaaazing recipe.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 short stems dill, large stems removed (or 1 tablespoon dried dill)
- Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 large leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Place all ingredients into blender or food processor. Pulse or blend on low until well blended. Enjoy over salad and start your new herb garden immediately.
To use as a dip for chips or veggies, just change buttermilk to 1/4 cup and mayonnaise to 1 1/2 cups.