Some things should not go together. You know, like Diet Coke and peppermint gum at the same time, for the combination of these two items tastes like mold to your taste buds. Don’t ask me how I know this. I just do.
Watermelon, cucumbers, and tomatoes, however, do go together. Again, I just know.
SALAD INGREDIENTS :
- One small, seedless watermelon (cut into small, bite-sized squares) – I’m sure we can all agree that cute little squares taste best.
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 English cucumber (cut into small, bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced) – optional
Place chilled salad ingredients into a large bowl.
SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Simply shake the salad dressing ingredients together in a container with a lid & drizzle over your gorgeous salad. Give the salad a gentle toss and serve.
Other things that do not go together include out-of-towners and round-a-bouts. I can feel my protective instincts going all Starship Enterprise defense mode just thinking about it. Also not good, arguing newlyweds and a comfy couch. Turns out, your odds of making up after an argument are better if you have a bad sofa. Again, don’t ask me how I know. And finally, starches with starches is not a good idea. For example, rice served with pasta, potatoes, and bread is a bad combo if you’d like to ever see your feet again.
But isn’t it nice that in a world where many things do not go well together that we have found this beautiful salad?