Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Bread Pudding.
Because you can never get enough pumpkin after Labor Day. Because guests are oooing and ahhhing over this bread pudding once again. Because I meant to blog this two years ago when I created it. And because I finally found my handwritten recipe, I’m sharing this pumpkiny, caramely, pecany, cream cheesy dessert with you.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 8 large eggs
- One 30 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- One 16-ounce loaf of French bread (doesn’t have to be exact)
Stir together until everything is well combined and, well, you know, pumpkin pie-ish.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 eight ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sugar
Then brace yourself for it is streusel time. This can be made the night before and saved in the fridge as well.
- 1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans
Place streusel ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients incorporate into a crumbly streusel. Sprinkle all over the top of the bread pudding. Loverly.
Bake bread pudding for about an hour or until a knife poked into the middle comes out clean.
And at the risk of losing my sainthood, I introduce you to something that will surely have a permanent fixture upon Heaven’s glorious banqueting table. Warm caramel sauce. Amen.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add brown sugar to melted butter and turn heat up to medium-high. Whisk together until sugar has dissolved. Watch closely. When sauce starts to boil and get foamy looking, allow to cook for about two minutes. Carefully add vanilla, salt, & cream. Remove from heat and stir. Set aside to cool.
Allow bread pudding to set for at least a half an hour then serve topped with caramel sauce and then sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top.
I present thee with Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Warm Caramel Sauce. You’re welcome. I’m sorry. You’re welcome.