Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Warm Caramel Sauce Recipe
Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Bread Pudding.
Because you can never get enough pumpkin after Labor Day. Because guests are oooing and ahhhing over this bread pudding once again. Because I meant to blog this two years ago when I created it. And because I finally found my handwritten recipe, I’m sharing this pumpkiny, caramely, pecany, cream cheesy dessert with you.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 8 large eggs
- One 30 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- One 16-ounce loaf of French bread (doesn’t have to be exact)
Stir together until everything is well combined and, well, you know, pumpkin pie-ish.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 eight ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sugar
Then brace yourself for it is streusel time. This can be made the night before and saved in the fridge as well.
- 1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans
Place streusel ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients incorporate into a crumbly streusel. Sprinkle all over the top of the bread pudding. Loverly.
Bake bread pudding for about an hour or until a knife poked into the middle comes out clean.
And at the risk of losing my sainthood, I introduce you to something that will surely have a permanent fixture upon Heaven’s glorious banqueting table. Warm caramel sauce. Amen.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add brown sugar to melted butter and turn heat up to medium-high. Whisk together until sugar has dissolved. Watch closely. When sauce starts to boil and get foamy looking, allow to cook for about two minutes. Carefully add vanilla, salt, & cream. Remove from heat and stir. Set aside to cool.
Allow bread pudding to set for at least a half an hour then serve topped with caramel sauce and then sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top.
I present thee with Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Warm Caramel Sauce. You’re welcome. I’m sorry. You’re welcome.