Basic but not boring. Golden brown disks filled with dreamy chocolate nuggets. Childhood memories all in one perfectly baked cookie. Deliciousness that makes the whole household come to a complete halt almost as fast as homemade rolls or bacon.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract (but I prefer vanilla paste)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 T. milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cream butter and sugars together in mixing bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and milk and combine well. Mix in flour. Gently but thoroughly stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Place a parchment paper upon a cookie sheet. Use an ice cream scoop to measure cookie dough. Place about 9 per pan with plenty of space in between for the great spread which shall happen – almost as exciting as the great rise of the dinner rolls or the dramatic, sizzling goodness of bacon.
Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Flour Scooping Tips
- Scoop lightly and generously, don’t shake flour down and don’t try to get as much in the measuring cup as you can.
- Use butter knife only for leveling the top of the flour.
To mix things up, you can replace half the chocolate chips for butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips. For a full-on makeover, replace all the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips and the walnuts with chopped macadamia nuts.
Until tomorrow… I’m off to make some bacon and dinner rolls.