The older I get, the more have to face the fact that green needs to be the most prominent color on my plate. Gone are the days of pasta and cheese. Enter rainbows of veggies… okay, and blue cheese dressing… and beef.
- 2 cups fresh, crisp Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 petite sirloin steak (you can use these instructions to cook steak)
- 1/2 cup homemade blue cheese dressing
- 6 mini bell peppers (a mix of red, orange, and yellow is very pretty), sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup breaded fried leeks (you can use these instructions to fry leeks)
Cook steak, make the dressing and fry leeks according to instructions given and set aside. Then divide in half and place ingredients on two plates in a sexy fashion.
It helps that she’s easy on the eyes. I can go green. No prob’.