Need a snack? Feeling crabby? Sorry. Cheesy puns, I know.
Moving on. Here’s a party favorite… for your next shindig, game day or, if you’re feeling especially worthy, just because.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 1 pound crab (or imitation crab meat for a more affordable option), diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 pound white cheddar cheese (preferably Beecher’s Flagship Cheddar), grated
Mix all ingredients and about half the cheddar together in a bowl. Save the other half of cheddar for the top. Place dip in about an 8X8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the other half of cheddar on top of dip. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.
Serve with high-quality crackers or sliced french bread coated with olive oil then toasted under oven broiler until golden brown on both sides.
Leftovers can be refrigerated and rolled inside a tortilla for when you’re fishin’ for another snack. I can’t stop myself.