Kale doesn’t try to fit in with everyone. The flavor is a bit stronger than your average lettuce so some snub kale; but, the health benefits make her worth getting along with.
A light, lovely dressing is the answer. Coat salad with this healthy dressing as you would a Caesar, and you will be pleasantly pleased, have one more veggie friend, and be a bit healthier than you were yesterday.
Kale Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted in saute pan over medium high heat for a few minutes
- 1 bunch kale, julienne-cut (thin strips)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries (or a mix of both)
- 8 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano, large grated with potato peeler
Place all ingredients except parm in a large bowl. Toss together.
Lemon Dressing Ingredients
- Juice from 1 large, fresh lemon
- 2 ounces grapeseed oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Shake the salad dressing ingredients together in a container with a lid.
Drizzle over kale salad. Toss salad until well-dressed.
Top salad with beautiful Parmigiano Reggiano.
Here’s to lean and green… and to more new, bold veggie friends.