Maybe looking for a fresh, new twist for your Taco Tuesdays? You will rather adore this flavorful Mexican Coleslaw since it’s so refreshing. And because it is so colorful. And since it is so happy. Basically, because it is a party on a plate.
There probably won’t be a shred of evidence you even made it by the time dinner is done. And I may or may not have intended that dicey pun. You’re welcome. I’m sorry. You’re welcome.
Mexican Coleslaw Ingredients
- 1/4 head green cabbage, thinly sliced in food processor
- 1/8 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced in food processor
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced in food processor
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (sweet & colorful and therefore a perfect addition)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lime
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Whisk dressing ingredients together until emulsified. Finally, dress slaw at last minute since then it won’t wilt.