Chopped Pizza Salad Recipe
What could be a healthier way to eat a family favorite like pizza than out of a salad bowl? I can’t make any promises that it will become a replacement but I can tell you that we’ve been eating a whole lot more salad at our house since we created this recipe!
- 8-10 mini tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5-6 pieces of Canadian bacon, diced
- 10 ounces mini pepperoni (or chopped regular size pepperoni)
- 1 cup olives, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup garlic croutons (optional)
You can vary the ingredients a lot to your liking but here are the measurements we use for our pizza salad.
Place tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, olive oil. lettuce, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, olives, cheese, ranch dressing, pepper, and croutons in a medium-large bowl. Toss salad right before it’s time to serve. Add sea salt & pepper to taste and toss again.