Fresh and Zesty Guacamole Recipe
If eating a rainbow of colors is a healthy way to fill your plate, then homemade pico de gallo salsa and guacamole are two foods we should eat every day. I could do that. If I must. Let’s make some guacamole that will knock your socks off, flop you on the couch, and make you endure an episode of Dancing with the Stars… if you must.
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 avocados, smashed as much as you like
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, stem & seeds removed & minced (wash hands well after chopping)
- Juice of one small, fresh lime
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 sea salt (or more if needed)
- Coarse ground pepper
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir.
Tip: If you want to make this recipe even easier, just make a double batch of pico de gallo and stir half of it into your avocado. Add salt & pepper & stir.
Please pass the chips. And the remote.