Four potato recipes, one colorful platter. Recipe number two is perfect for a party.
- 2.5 pounds fingerling potatoes (or baby reds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Fresh rosemary leaves from 4 stems
- Fresh thyme leaves from 4 stems
- Fresh basil leaves from 2 stems, chiffonade
Potatoes. Fresh herbs. Butter. Has there ever been an easier, tastier side dish? I think not.Cut smallest potatoes into halves and larger ones into fourths and place into the hot pan with the onions.
Cut smallest potatoes into halves and larger ones into fourths and place into the hot pan with the onions.
Drizzle a half sheet pan with olive oil. Place cut potatoes on the pan. I love the variety of small blues, reds, and whites. They’re stunning and the blue potatoes are especially tasty.
Add the butter, garlic, salt, & pepper.
Cook for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, and basil.
Remove from oven when a fork poked into the largest pieces of potatoes comes out easily