Sweet Pepper & Tomato Balsamic Bruschetta Appetizers
You will never disappoint with this appy. It will make everyone happy.
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, fine diced
- 1 each of red, yellow & orange peppers, fine diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, fine diced
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 bags pre-sliced bruschetta bread (or 2 long thin French bread thinly sliced)
- 1 cup olive oil (approximate) to brush onto bread
Toss onion, bell peppers, & garlic into a bowl. Set aside.
Pour olive oil into a pan & heat on medium high. Watch closely. Add pepper mix and stir occasionally.
While pepper mix heats, place cream cheese, basil, & salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
When peppers are finished caramelizing (onions should be translucent), remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt, and tomatoes. Set aside.
Time to toast the bread. Brush olive oil on both sides of sliced french bread. Broil 3-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown. I have learned the hard way not to turn your back on the broiler. It has a dark side, trust me. Keep an eye on your toast.
Wait to assemble toppings and toast until just before serving.
Now for the assembly. Firs, cream cheese-y goodness.
And finally the topping, carefully place a spoon of bell pepper mixture upon each bruschetta toast.